Clamato Spicy Green Sofrito
Spice up any dish and fire up the flavor with this spicy seasoning.
- Preparation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 25 minutes
- 4 cups
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 jalapeño frescos, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 bunch parsley, stems removed
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 25 leaves coriander, chopped
- 3/4 cups Clamato® Tomato Cocktail
- 1 bay leave
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat; heat oil, add onion, garlic, green bell peppers and jalapeño; sauté 8-10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add black pepper, cumin, oregano, parsley, cilantro and coriander leaves; cook 5 more minutes.
- Add Clamato and bay leaves, bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Puree mixture in a food processor or blender.
- Store in refrigerator up to one week or freeze up to 3 months.
- Use as a base in any Caribbean or South American-style dishes.