Clamato Classic Sofrito
The perfect base for many dishes, our classic sofrito adds a rich flavor that will delight your senses.
- Preparation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 25 minutes
- 4 cups
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 25 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 25 leaves culantro, chopped
- 1½ cups Clamato® Tomato Cocktail
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat; heat oil, onions, garlic and bell pepper; sauté 8-10 minutes.
- Add black pepper, cumin, oregano, cilantro and culantro leaves; cook 5 more minutes.
- Add Clamato and bay leaves, bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Puree mixture in food processor or blender.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.
- Use as a base in any Caribbean or South American-style dishes.