Clamato Spicy Tomato Lentils
Spice up dinnertime with something that's as colorful as it is delicious. This is the perfect topping for a simple dish of rice or pasta.
- Preparation Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 45-50 minutes
- 8 servings
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 10 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons cumin, dried ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Clamato® Tomato Cocktail
- Rinse and sort lentils. Put in a large pot with water, bring to boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In same pot over medium heat; heat oil, add onion, garlic, oregano and cumin; cook 5-10 minutes.
- Add lentils, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes and Clamato, reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Sever lentils with rice or soda crackers.