Clamato Seafood Stuffed Peppers
Liven your week with this tasty seacoast recipe of peppers stuffed with Tilapia, scallops and shrimp.
- Preparation Time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 30 minutes
- 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. shrimp, medium, peeled, divined and diced
- 1 tilapia fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 oz. bay scallops, small (optional)
- 1 cup Clamato® Tomato Cocktail
- 4 cubanelle peppers, cut in half and hollowed out
- 1 tablespoon ReaLemon® Juice
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 10-12 basil leaves, chopped
- 8 oz, Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz, Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat; heat olive oil, add onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, tilapia and bay scallops; cook 3-4 minutes until about halfway done.
- Add Clamato, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, scallops and rice; mix well. Cook to heat through.
- Remove from heat; blend in Monterrey Jack.
- Spoon mixture into peppers, place in a lightly greased baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with Cheddar; bake 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.